Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Go Long!!

My dad was an avid Colts fan, as most of you know, and loved taking the family to the games!! The atmosphere and the overall experience was/is absolutely unbelievable and we soon fell in love with the games as well. A few years later, my family had the opportunity to go onto the field after the game had been played and my dad was in 'high heaven'!!! One of my favorite characteristics of my dad was that he was soo full of life, and even saying that I don't feel that I describe it deeply enough! His laughter, his energy, his drive- most people just don't have what he had!! Still to this day, I can see him and I standing in the touch down area, placing our right foot on the line, and kneeling down to race. I can see his smile as I count us off, and hear his laughter as we run neck-to-neck down to the 50 yard line. I can feel his energy and enthusiasm rub off on me and give me this joy to live life!! And as I think back to that day, I feel that God was preparing me with wonderful memories, joy, and laughter to be my crutch for all of the times that he wouldn't be here. There is never a day that I do not see his smile and think, "Dad would be so happy with me right now." He fed me life then, and he still continues to feed me life today through the life he lived and the memories he engraved in my heart.

-Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment