Sunday, February 28, 2010

Golf Cart Accident

Sunday, February 28, 2010

This is an older memory as well, probably 9-10 years ago. My family had just purchased a brand new golf-cart and I couldn't wait to test the new wheels, so me, Briona, Baleigh, and our two cats set out for a lap around our subdivision. As I was driving I was also holding one of the baby kitties in my lap, and all of the sudden the cat jumped off of the golf cart! I quickly reached down to grab it, but as I did I swerved off the side of the road and hit one of our neighbor's mailboxes!! I jumped off of the golf cart and checked to make sure there wasn't any damage done to the golf cart because I knew I would get in trouble! There was a tiny little scratch that was barely noticeable, so I thought I just wouldn't say anything to mom or dad about the little incident. As I pulled into the driveway at home, my dad walked out and casually asked, "Did you hit something?" (Little did I know that he had been in the garage and heard the noise) I immediately said no and ran inside thinking I have covered my tracks:) A little later he came down to my room and said, "Britt, I was in the garage and heard the noise you made when you hit that mailbox, and you lied to me about it. So we are going to go buy them a new mailbox, put it up, and make an apology." I was so embarrassed to admit to the neighbor that I had hit their mailbox, but I made the apology and then dad and I went to work on setting the new mailbox up. After I got over my embarrassment, we actually had a pretty good time working on the new mailbox!!
Looking back, I am so glad that he took the time to show me what was right and the steps I needed to take in order to fix what I had done. He was such a role-model to me and still is to this very day!!
-Brittany

1 comment:

  1. So glad you didn't injure the new golf cart! :) Actually, I was reading and was glad YOU weren't injured. Just the mailbox and one your Daddy fixed with you. Looking forward to learning more.

    ReplyDelete